This year, I am not taking part in Halloween :( simply because as a Student, I just couldn't afford Halloween this year!
However, I decided to put my creative Halloween energy to good use.
One thing I hate to do at Halloween is buy a "costume". They normally just look cheap and generic and you rarely use them again!
And so... I've put together outfits using clothes that are out there now. Clothes that can be used again in a non-fictional outfit - yay! :)
Here are my outfit suggestions:
Morticia Addams from The Addams Family
- If you don't have black hair and you don't want to dye your hair then a wig is a must!
Also remember your red lipstick and black eyeliner.
morticia addams outfit by linda-famularcano featuring high heels
- You may want a long black wig for this or extensions if you have the time and right hair colour.
Also painting on the red arm cuff would be cool!
pocahontas outfit by linda-famularcano featuring one shoulder sleeve dresses
Daisy Duke from The Dukes of Hazzard
- Obviously you would need to tie up the shirt. Lingerie is always important so I've added a retro plunge bra (which I am now coveting) to the outfit for the cleavage effect without actually showing your bra.
daisy duke outfit by linda-famularcano featuring cognac boots
Cher Horowitz from Clueless
- I really wanted to do the classic yellow matching checked suit but alas, I couldn't find any similar pieces on Polyvore. Therefore, as an ode to that outfit, I have used a yellow skirt in this outfit. I added the fur bag because she loves her faux fur.
cher from clueless outfit by linda-famularcano featuring tibi
- This outfit is for the brave and confident! Enough said.
betty boop outfit by linda-famularcano featuring set of bangles
Lara Croft from Tomb Raider
- I used to dress like Lara Croft. (I'll pause while that sinks in.)
Remember FAKE PLASTIC guns, not real ones!
lara croft tomb raider outfit by linda-famularcano featuring dorothy perkins
Bridget Kiddo from Kill Bill
- I couldn't imagine many people reusing a bright yellow jumpsuit so I went for the second outfit and added the bright yellow pumps from the first movie! Remember your fake ninja-like sword.
See, just because it's Halloween, doesn't mean you can't look chic!
Happy Halloween to you all!
If you do happen to go for a character I've suggested, please let me know and send me photos!
x Linda x