Friday 5 July 2013

Inspired by The Justice League

I have two reasons for writing this post. One, I want to write about one of my interests: comic books. And two, I want to take advantage of the comic book fashion trend and use superhero costumes as inspiration for outfits. I also wanted to take this opportunity to post photos of hot half-naked men.

For those of you who don't know. There are two comic book companies who created the superheroes we know and love today: DC Comics and Marvel Comics. DC is responsible for heroes such as Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and The Flash while Marvel is responsible for heroes such as Spider-Man, Thor, X-Men and Iron Man.

I'm actually more into Marvel than DC but since Marvel films are dominating at the box office, I feel DC needs more love right now. I've also decided to take this opportunity to share with you the actors I want to play the "missing members" of The Justice League - DC's "equivalent" of The Avengers.

Aquaman

Shop This Look:
Louche Bags Berkeley Clutch

Potential Actor: Kellan Lutz



Now I know Aquaman doesn't have the best reputation. If The Big Bang Theory has taught us anything, it's that Aquaman sucks. However I think he's a very underrated hero. He's telepathic and can control the minds of both animals and humans. He has superhuman strength.  He has the ability to breathe underwater. He can swim at high speeds and he can see in the dark. Not too shabby, right? If you need more reasons to think Aquaman is cool then check out this article.

Batman

Shop This Look:
Cheap Monday Feline Sunglasses
Ted Baker Patent Quilted Bag
New Look Patent Pointed Heels

Potential Actor: Michael Fassbender


He would need to go dark-haired for the role but he's got Batman's broody look and playboy charm. They may make him work out a bit more to fill out the suit but at least he won't need any extra stuffing for the bulge... (Those of you who've seen him in Shame know what I'm talking about...) He already plays Magneto (in X-Men) who's a super villain (most of the time) so he may appreciate playing a superhero.

The Flash
Shop This Look:
Model's Own Wayfarer Sunglasses
David Jones Bag

Potential Actor: Ryan Gosling


Gosling has both the comedic talents and the cuteness to play The Flash. He's even expressed interest in playing The Flash. (Chris Pine and Bradley Cooper were my second choices.)


Green Lantern

Shop This Look:
Marc by Marc Jacobs Sunglasses
Forever 21 Aeroplane Necklace

Current Actor: Ryan Reynolds



I'm not gonna lie, it wasn't an amazing movie but I did really enjoy it. Reynolds is a charming actor who made the movie work, in my opinion.


Martian Manhunter
The Martian Manhunter is an alien from Mars. He is super powerful but one of those forgotten heroes unfortunately. He shares a lot of Superman's powers including superhuman strength, senses and flight however he can also phase, shape-shift and become invisible - among other things! Superman himself once said that he was the most powerful being on earth! In choosing an actor to play The Martian Manhunter, I just thought about who would be able to pull off all a bald head, big muscles and wrestling trunks... Dwayne Johnson.


Superman

Shop This Look:
La Diva Viva La Diva Square Sunglasses
New Look Superman T-Shirt
Linea Weekend Slim Leg Jeans

Current Actor: Henry Cavill


If you haven't seen Man of Steel yet then do so! Henry Cavill has finally managed to top Christopher Reeve as the best Superman ever, in my opinion. (Look out for the LexCorp truck in the movie!)

Wonder Woman

Shop This Look:
New Look Aztec Textured Skater Skirt OR New Look Inspire Skater Skirt
(FYI, there are special edition Wonder Woman converse shoes around!)

Potential Actress: Christina Hendricks


Hendricks actually has the perfect proportions to play the comic book version of Wonder Woman as opposed to the Lynda Carter version. She would just need to dye her hair black and use a bit of fake tan. She's not yet had any action movie experience (that I know of) so she'll need training. However she'll lose weight during the training so she may not be keen on the idea since she seems very happy with her body the way it is - and who can blame her?

Would You Watch a Justice League Movie With These Actors? And What Are Your Thoughts on The Comic Book Fashion Trend?

x Linda x

25 comments:

  1. Awesome choices, true believer :) Chris would make a great Wonder Woman but I think you might be equally suited :) Because of your love of the character I mean :))

    And Mike for Batman is genius. Magneto and Batman all in one. Good Ian Mckellan-esque resume.

    JLA movie is so tricky to pull off but I worried the same for Avengers and that worked out.

    Nuff said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad was so into comics and always brought out his comic collection when I was little! My fave was always wonder woman and of course Richie Rich!!!

    Great post! Great blog, babe! You in the white dress are looking hot hot hot!!!

    Love,

    (='.'=)
    Lauren at adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uuuuh I love the color of the skirt!! And the top is so cute and lacey! (love anything with lace)

    xoRosie
    The Austrian Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Linda Sadly I haven't seen Superman yet. I was too busy. Maybe this week. I hope so. I perfer Marvel over DC too and I would totally watch this. Thanks for sooo much eye candy. Now I have to watch Shame as well ;-)


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this collection :)
    Your blog is great too, going back to check out past posts now!

    Kendra
    xx

    Blog: Stolen Inspiration
    Instagram: KendraAlexandra
    Bloglovin': Stolen Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cute- what an ingenious idea! Aquaman's green and orange colour combo is very catchy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sweety, so totally love your look and the blog. Now following you via google, hope you will visit my blog and follow me too.

    Love.
    Fashion Blogger India

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those colors doll, they are wonderful :)) My favorites!! Hope you are well & have a beautiful week xx

    ReplyDelete

  9. Love the Aquaman-inspired color scheme! :D I think Kellan Lutz could make a good candidate. :)

    Abi
    http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I m crazy about superheroes ^^
    Lovely clothes

    New post - Kisses
    http://www.mademoisellemode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun post! I'll watch Ryan Gosling in anything. And I love that green pleated skirt.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dwayne Johnson as Martian Manhunter is an inspired choice.

    If Marvel can plan films based on some of their relatively obscure characters (Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy), why not DC and MM?

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw i love this post!! so fun! :D these outfits are so cute :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG this post is the best! Love how you married the fashion choices with each super hero. I think my fave is the Flash.

    Nice work!

    xxM

    The Marcy Stop

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love this post, its nice to see someone giving the DC heroes some love since marvel seems to be taking over the mainstream atm. these are great outfit ideas, i acutally wear stuff like this when i go to superhero movies so its cool to see someone do a post on it! thanks for sharing, its a great post!!

    -Tara x

    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really cute! I love your outfits and how they're inspired by each character. very creative!

    XO Tatianna

    styleremainingfashionfading.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a GREAT post :) I love Marvel more than DC too, but Aquaman is my favorite superhero of all time. He's such a badass and SO underrated. Thanks for the article! Love the outfit :)

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete