Sunday, 23 June 2013

The Tale of My First Maxi Skirt

Firstly, are you my GFC follower? Google reader won't be available from July so switch to Bloglovin - check out the top of my side bar to find out how...

Secondly, I took photos outside! I had two "photo shoots" - one before watching World War Z and one after watching World War Z. (It is an amazing movie!) The photos were taken on my Mum's iPhone hence the low-ish photo quality but this is still progress for me, right?

Before World War Z ...
... After World War Z






I'm wearing:
Claire's purple flower hair clip [exact]
Gucci sunglasses [similar]
New Look black crop top [exact]
Cache Cache black bolero [exact]
brown/cream/gold beaded necklace from The Philippines [similar]
New Look blue maxi skirt [exact]
Kurt Geiger red patent flats with gold bows [similar]

Now about my first maxi skirt... My first maxi skirt was the purple version of this blue one. I bought it a week ago and I LOVED it. I never thought a maxi skirt would suit me but these ones proved me wrong. Today I decided to wear my newly washed purple version to work when... What the fuck? It's short! Reeeally short! Noooo! I was gutted. It had shrunk in the wash despite being labelled machine washable. I got an exchange and took this blue version because my size was sold out in the purple. I do love this blue one just as much but I still miss my purple one. (Don't worry I'll be hand washing this blue one in future.)

Here are a couple of photo fails of me in the purple version when I first got it...


This is a more accurate photo of the shade of purple the skirt was.

On another note, have you watched Man of Steel yet?! Henry Cavill is officially the: Best. Superman. Ever. (By the by, was I the only comic book geek one who noticed the LexCorp truck in the movie?!)


x Linda x

38 comments:

  1. Such a cool maxi skirt, I love them, all though I dont think it would look good on me...but you look great!!!
    Greetings darling
    www.ohmycaramel.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great :)
    visit and follow my blog if you love. i'll follow you back dear :)

    This is real and This is me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must see WWZ and Superman very soon. How cool you have the eye of a comic geek like me :) And you do look wonderful in those shots. Like the blue color of your skirt and that top is great on you. Such a lovely lady! And I was so happy to see your comment on my blog. Really made me smile :) like that only bigger

    ReplyDelete
  4. The maxi skirt is gorgeous! I LOVE the bright color:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look, this maxi skirt is gorgeous !!!
    Kiss Jeny

    http://www.jenychooz.lautre.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. The skirt is lovely, you look awesome :) I want to see that movie too.
    Of coz I follow you on Bloglovin :)
    x,
    LaraLizard

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice skirt!

    xx
    Christina Klein
    http://bychristina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. omgggg that looks so cool!
    its gonna be common for me entering here <3 hope we could follow

    www.malesclutch.net
    Sergio, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a crush on your blue maxy skirt!
    Come back soon to visit me on Cosa Mi Metto???
    Win your favorite bikini!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man I must be doing something wrong. I don't look that uber stylish when I go to the movies. Usually just jeans, tee and sneakers. Wow you look soo stunning. Love your maxi skirt. I'm really glad you decided to take some pics outside. They look fabulous. I haven't seen Superman yet but I will watch it next week. Good to know it's great!! Now I'm really looking forward to see it :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found your blog ad you have a great style. Congrats.
    I hope you visit my blog

    http://www.emotionally.eu

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that's such a great color !

    I really like that you got it right the first time haha :D

    I can definitely learn from you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful maxi skirt! Such a shame the purple one shrunk in the wash - hope this blue one doesn't, it's a lovely colour! :)


    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear you liked the movie - it looks so good! And love that maxi on you - so pretty :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this shade of blue on you! You look so beautiful in this skirt!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute skirt!! I am wanting to see the Monsters University movie -- still a kid at heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look so stylish! I just love that maxi skirt and the bright blue color <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. pretty skirt...very stylish by my opinion..
    kisses V.

    livinginapinkcloud.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the cobalt blue color on this skirt! This is a beautiful outfit! I love it!!

    If you get a sec, please check out my latest post. I would love to read your feedback. Thank you :)

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look really pretty <3
    Love that skirt!

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore your maxi skirt!
    gorgeous look <3

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion, Celebrity and Beauty
    Get the latest here!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your maxi shirt is adorable ^^
    I love this blue

    New post - Kisses
    http://www.mademoisellemode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Once I got over how adorable your background was, I was all, daaaamn gurl over the dress, haha. :)

    Macie,
    Amen Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  24. The skirt is beautiful! The colour suits you! x
    Rougeberry Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look gorgeous.
    Haley www.instyleforless.org

    ReplyDelete
  26. That combination of colours is one of my favourites and the skirt is beautiful, you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really love the look
    looking gorgeous!

    http://www.kibuasworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. yay for venturing outside! i wouldnt even guess they were iphone photos. i really love your maxi- that blue shade is glorious!

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful blog and Nice post darling...
    I like your style.
    I follow you and I hope you do the same ;-)
    Kisses
    The Blend Style
    Bloglovin'
    Facebook
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your skirt <3 That shade of blue is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  31. I saw WWZ last saturday with my Mr and a friend of ours and we LOVED IT!!!! I'm not usually one for zombie movies or shows but I really liked this one..I think it was very well made and I liked the scientifical approach they took about the origin!

    I really like this mazi skirt!! I have a black one my Mr got me from H&M but I always feel fat in it, I'm so stupid haha this one looks really good on you and I prefer the blue version over the purple one =D

    xoRosie
    The Austrian Rose

    ReplyDelete
  32. such a beautiful skirt!! you look amazing :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. love your skirt! the color is so pretty!
    xx
    b

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love that skirt! Such a gorgeous colour and it's so flowy, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete